Чеботарь Людмила Миколаївна,
Урок англійської мови в 9 класі з використанням ІКТ
Theme: Appearance and character. Hairstyle: Sophisticated? Smart?Extreme? … Cool!
- to revise and enrich pupils’ vocabulary;
- to develop pupils’ listening and reading skills;
- to motivate learners to free speaking;
- to train groups work;
- to bring up the culture of communication, friendly and tolerant attitude to each other.
Equipment: pupils’ books Alla Nesvit, handouts, a computer, a presentation.
I. Introduction (Slide №2)
II. Warming up
1) Match the sentences with the features of character they describe.
2) Say what sort of person you are.
III. Main part
Listen and say what the main idea of the song is.
While listening activity (Slide №4,5)
Listen and fill in the song.
a) Did you like the song?
b) Do you think that look should fit the character?
c) Do you like everything in yourself?
d) What would you like to change?
e) Would you like to change your hairstyle?
- How often do you get a haircut?
- Have you ever had an unusual hairstyle?
- What was it?
- Did your friends like it?
b) Match the photos of hairstyle to the names.
a) Read what the teens think about their hairstyles and match them to the photos.
Ex. 2 p. 24
1) Read and say if the statements are true or false.
Ex. 3 p. 24
2) Answer the questions.
- What hairstyles are popular among the teenagers today?
- Which of them do your friends prefer?
- Can you do any?
- Why do teens sometimes prefer to wear extraordinary hairstyle?
3) Vocabulary practice
a) It’s interesting to know.
b) Look at the pictures and write the unknown words into your vocabularies.
c) Write the adjectives from the box into correct column.
4) Work in groups
- Look at the following pictures and be ready to describe them.
- One of the groups must describe the picture, two others draw a picture of this
- Take turns.
- Don’t show your drawing until you finish.
- Are they similar to the person you have described?(Slide №18)
Write about your friend. Describe his/ her appearance and personality.
Today we have spoken about hairstyles. Do you like your hairstyle?
Who helped you to choose or create this hairstyle?